BDO agreed to a $1.3 billion deal with Apollo Global Management. Add in the 600-person Bergen KDV acquisition by Creative Planning, a registered investment advisor, in June and it is clear the M&A world has changed. These announced investments and future transactions that will occur are going to alter the accounting industry.
How Does This Impact Your Accounting Firm?
- Supply & Demand. As more firms begin conversations with outside investors, will the increased demand impact future transaction pricing?
- Deal Structures. They can be creative, and fluid based on the specific acquirer and their motive for seeking the deal in the first place.
- Options. Firms can evaluate private equity options, registered investment advisor opportunities or the traditional CPA firm to CPA path.
- Competition. How will the presence of alternative outside investment impact the deal structure and pricing if you are evaluating a traditional M&A deal?
- Trickle Down. As larger firms accept investments, this enables smaller firms to participate in PE or RIA opportunities through roll-up strategies.
- Being the Acquirer. With all the volatility, will these changes create opportunities for you to be the buyer in a changing marketplace?
The Visionary Group Can Create Your M&A Strategy
Whether you are looking to sell or merge upward, be the acquirer, or are in a deal already, we can help. We can walk you through potential options for your firm. Our team can source deals, cash flow opportunities, conduct negotiations, and evaluate the hidden risks & opportunities on the table. We provide full search services, as well as deal consulting.
For additional information on this topic, please review our article in Accounting Today.